Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Following His Path

As I mentioned before, I have been having a real struggle lately with who I am and figuring out what really makes me happy. I knew that one of the things I was having a hard time with was my job, because I find no fulfillment in it. No matter how hard I work and how well I do, the only feedback I get is what I'm not doing well enough in. It makes me feel as though I'll never be good enough, and I already struggle with that enough internally. I've also been feeling as though I'm wasted my education and talent and passion for doing hair.

Last week, when I was in the deepest part of my struggle, my boyfriend and I prayed together, and he prayed that the Lord help to lead me where I would be happier, and to help me find some peace in my life and in my job.

Two days later, one of my good friends from cosmetology school messaged me to ask if I would interview to fill her position at the salon that she works at, because she's moving away and has a full clientele that needs to be taken over by someone. Yesterday, I went in with a few models and interviewed with the owner. I got it. (Yay!!!)

I asked, and He answered. I'm now going back into the salon and back into the career I always intended for myself, and I feel really excited and relieved about it. I thank God for showing me the way, for guiding me towards what He knows is best for me, and what will be more fulfilling and fruitful for me. I'm so thankful to have opened my eyes so I could see how huge of an impact He has on my life. The Lord is full of blessings.

I can't wait to go back into the place I was supposed to be all this time, behind the chair!



"May you honor the way that God created you."

No comments: